Sunday 2 November 2008

Green Fingers







To be honest plants and animals aren't exactly my forte, but today I was dragged to our local botanical gardens so what is a girl to do but make the most of an otherwise dull afternoon?

I was feeling a tad apprehensive entering as just yesterday I threw out my latest attempt at household planting, but was much releived when I found Audrey II was not in attendance.

I was well pleased with the results considering it only took me about 487 shots to get these, but I am still not a converted botanist. However I made the afternoon without inadvertently committing mass plant murder so there's hope for me yet.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Well done! I love the second and third ones. 487!! I hope we'll see more from those, I'm sure there are more gems.

Karin said...

Ek het my Saterdag se partytjie verdomp 750 foto's geneem. Jy weet hoeveel moeite dit is om nou deur hulle almal te werk! I really love the first one as well as the second one - maybe plants will start to die less on you if you photograph them more! It is a form of attention after all...

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

You may not have a green thumb, but you have a great talent photographing plants. Well done. They pics are awesome. I was in Kirstenbosch in Cape Town a couple of weeks ago, but didn't take that many pics.

Ann said...

The palm tree shot is terrific, love the grasses too, glad you didnt meet Audrey.