Saturday 1 November 2008

Proving a Point





I think my last post inadvertently rekindled my lazy other half and I had no choice, but to submit to my slovenly self and shirk all blogging guilt.

I can also argue that I was practicing for December when I will probably be off-line for about 3 weeks due to holidays and had to test whether I would suffer separation anxiety.

The ongoing banking crisis also has to be given it's due for it's part although the other half seems to think we are in the pound position as all we have to lose is the delight of paying off our credit card.

But if I have to be honest it probably boils down to the other half recently starting a part-time job which has wreaked havoc on my carefully cultivated weekly schedule. I am a creature of habit and do not entertain change without a fair amount of huffing and puffing, but this was not a change, it was a historic upheaval the sorts of which I had not experienced since 2004 when "Sideways" was released and very publicly ridiculed my plonk of choice: merlot.

All excuses aside I was threatened with imminent blog closure by my dear sister if things did not happen pretty smartly so here I am. In the pub trying to coax merlot out of the corner.

4 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I wondered down what deep dark hole you disappeared. Trust Karin to threaten you.
These are great pub pictures. Interesting angles telling the whole story.

Unknown said...

Absolutely wonderful to see you back :) Love your choice of pics for your comeback :)

Ann said...

Great to have you back ! and those pub shots look so warm and cosy, just the right sort of tonic for the long winter evenings ( with some Gin of course)....lol

Karin said...

Well, I'm glad SOMEONE takes my threats seriously. Ecstatic to see you back, the blogosphere is not the same without you and your once again refreshing pics. Love it!