Monday 3 November 2008

A Room With A View



So this was the view out of our bedroom window Wednesday last week. Huge was our excitement and scramble to try and sort out snowboards, ski's and other torturous apparatus but alas, today we are back to green. Not that I'm complaining as we probably won't see green for many months, but the first snow of the season always gives me such a thrill. And there's nothing quite as nice as waking up and hearing the quiet, because there's no quiet such as the one that covers a landscape being duvet'd by several layers of softly falling snow.


So tonight I will not be doing the rain dance or the break dance, but instead I'll be running around outside in the probably close to zero temperatures, duly fortified with some wine dance trying to coax some random white flakes from the depressingly cloudless sky.

5 comments:

sharad said...

umm....is that...is that heaven???..

Karin said...

Oh, how wonderful that looks! I can almost hear the silence...(haha)
Ek moet vir Joubert hierdie foto wys, dan is ons weer terug op: "Mamma, WANNEER gaan ons by Rennette kuier sodat ek 'n sneeuman kan bouuuuuu?"

Ann said...

How beautiful is that, its just like a wonderful Christmas card, what a great shot. we have the leaden skies, but no snow just drizzle, damp and dreary and bloomin' cold at night. I am just longing for December when I am off to Arizona for a month, so warm weather here I come.....eventually!!!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

The only snow I've been in was patchy at best and the snowman was 30cm high and consisted mostly of mud. I hope there will be many snow pics to come. Mountains with snow, forests with snow, fields with snow, towns with snow, snowmen... You get the idea.

KALI said...

its fascinating!
it made me dream of a "winter wonderland" again...