Monday 26 January 2009

Camera Club Aggression

Ok. This time I'm doing it the other way round. It normally works like this:

1) I submit 2 measly pics to monthly photography club full of bravado and the hope that this time round they would not be shot down before even taking off
2) I go to club meeting and listen in despair at how they absolutely did not get what I was trying to do
3) I go home and whilst drinking half a bottle of vodka bemoan my lot in life on blog and with other half
4) Decide pics were horrid and vow never to look at them again and refuse to put them on blog

So today it's working like this:
1) Post entries for monthly camera club on blog PRIOR to poxy meeting
2) Go to meeting with big "WHATEVA" expression
3) Come home and drink wine with other half while perusing other people's lovely blogs

These were taken in the most beautiful Etosha reserve in the ever fantastic Namibia.

Footloose and fancy free


8 comments:

Ann said...

Well I like them, love those giraffe and the Zebra is fantastic so (raspberry noise) to them, enjoy your drinky and be proud of your pics :0)

Unknown said...

Oh those are special!So, what did they say?
I know the feeling btw!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I just love the second photo of the giraffe scattering in the road. Great timing to get there and catch that. You must let us know what they said.

Miranda said...

Great pics, as ever. And welcome back (yes I'm a bot slow!)

Miranda said...

I mean a bit slow, not a bot slow - but you got that I'm sure!!

Word veri - bring!!

Anonymous said...

I also love the one with the giraffes running, a beautiful motion capture:)

Karin said...

Bloukous, those giraffes ROCK! Henk also says that it's a prize winning picture and I absolutely agree. I have to have one (I'm serious)! The first one is also fantastic, the colours are so vivid, great work!

Patricia said...

This is the best giraffe photo I have ever seen and since my husband works at a zoo, I have seen quite a few!