Saturday 24 January 2009

It's the small things in life...









Apparently this vicious man-flu is not gender biased and must have decided that I didn't have sufficient sympathy for the other half as it jumped ship and invaded me instead. It is now day 3 and I have almost regained the use of my taste buds in which case I might also be able to taste that the tomato sauce is off before liberally applying it to other half's pasta.

My sister's latest post about Emma was enough to make me crawl even deeper under the covers with depression, but this just reminded me that I have a pile of washing once I summon up the energy to take the sheets off so decided to blog instead. When we went to visit them over Dec almost 90% of our luggage allowance was taken up by presents for far and wide with the biggest for Emma (Joubert had that privilege the last visit), but may I ask why we bother when hanging your shirt in a tree and bashing it down with a stick (and the help of grandpa) repeatedly is the most fun I saw her have all holiday? Although I daresay should I arrive next time with a shirt and stick wrapped up she might not be jumping for joy.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

she's so cute. you can almost hear the laughter in the photos. Nicely captured.

Ann said...

Get well soon, these are just beautiful, so natural and beautiful light, very lovely :0)

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Kids like sticks. Mine do. You know what they say. Buy a child an expensive gift they will probably have more fun playing with the box the gift came in.

Saskia said...

ag Rennette! dis so n lekker stel fotos! shame, hoop jy begin al beter voel...

Karin said...

I absolutely love that last shot where our dad is looking right into the camera! Ook mal oor al die cool accessories - blou bril, puisie hoed en klassieke haarstyk natuurlik...hehehe. Dis awesome foto's, dit gee my sommer alweer 'n knop in my keel!

Anonymous said...

What a great series of pics!