Sunday 18 January 2009

The B is back

Well, it certainly has been a while but before I start making excuses lets just say I needed a break and leave it at that. It's a new year and all so not being one to make new years resolutions (partly because I struggle to remember them once the champagne wears off) I have promised myself to spend more time doing what I love this year.

This is not a hugely extensive list and most things I love I already do in excess (such as eating pasta, sleeping late and trying to keep the wine rack topped up), but I had been neglecting my happy snapping terribly of late so I'm thinking nine is my lucky number.

I spent close to 4 glorious weeks in Namibia and then SA with family and that has left me with with ample supply of fodder for the foreseeable future but also inevitably the blues as I would have loved nothing more than to have that silly plane fly back without me.

So without further ado these are pics of my cousin. Odd choice for the new year you might be thinking but let me explain:

a) she got married yesterday in SA
b) she and her now husband had a reception in Oxford, UK last weekend
c) she has been very much on my mind as I wish I could have been there with the rest of the fandamily

Kinda makes sense... Anyhows, me attempting to capture a nervous, fiddly bride was the most petrifying thing I have done this year and gave me new respect for wedding photographers. Thank goodness my other half was able to nip out and get some bubbly else I never would have gotten rid of the shakes and considerably more of my photographs might have been outrageously blurred.

This then is a selection of my favorites and maybe an early indication that wedding photography is not my true calling.

Glad to be back and happy new year to all and sundry




3 comments:

Ann said...

Good to have you back, its horrble leaving family behind and flying home I did it too.....thank the lord for Skype !!
What a beautiful set of pics, so natural, capturing those nervous hours and minutes before the ceremony...love 'em :0)

Karin said...

Ag nee man, jy laat my alweer huil!!! Deliriously happy to have you back and LOVE the photos, LOVE all of them and if you ever get over your silly anxiety every bride out there will LOVE to have such pics taken of them.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Welkom terug. I'm glad you had a good getaway from everything. I'm jealous about your holiday in Namibia as it is one place I would love to go and explore. I hope there will be some pics to come.

I tried to pic my fav from the four and at first it was nr 1. Then I thought br 2 or nr 4. But in nr 3 she looks so beautiful so I thought that. Then I decided tha I can't choose. I have to ecco you in saying that I will never been a wedding photographer. Rather give me travel pics.