Tuesday 26 August 2008

Airport Boredom





My journey to work starts with me taking the bus down the hill which connects with a train to the airport and then another quick bus from there to work. Being Swiss they are ever efficient and everything is timed down to the last second. So much so that if your train is 30 seconds late you will miss your connecting bus. Having Lazy as my middle name it is against my nature to run for the bus with the result that I happen to miss the bus on the odd occasion and have to hang around the airport trying desperately not to buy a last minute ticket to Timbuktu and going awol.

As you can guess it was one of those mornings, but at least I had plenty of fodder to feed the camera and keep myself happy. Almost too happy though as I almost missed the next bus as well!

So here is my attempt to capture the going ons in an airport on a slow Tuesday morning.

Newspaper man was particularly annoyed with me and kept giving me the evil eye. Finally I worked up the courage to surreptitiously aim the camera in his direction thinking he's far too engrossed in the news to notice me, but at the very last second he looked up and I made a very hasty exit trying to hide my ferocious blushing. Mental note to take zoom lens next time...

5 comments:

Karin said...

Oh wow - great post! I love the evil eye - if looks could kill... The second one is my favourite though, very artfully done. And I also like the first one. Argh, darn it, I love them all!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

The have to say the second one is my favorite as well. Great shot.

The guys look was worth the it. Caught in the moment. You or him?

Ann said...

A wonderful collection, well done,

Saskia said...

love koerantman! hy ly duidelik aan jet-lag of iets. ek is mal oor lughawens omdat dit die beste peoplewatching ooit is, so hierdie fotos was great!

Susan Roberts said...

LOL at the grumpy guy!