Sunday 24 August 2008

a Blog is Born!






I have been promising my sister for weeks now that I will follow in her footsteps (although my feet are much bigger and clumsier) and start this blog so finally, after 7 weeks of relatives, friends and imprompto parties, we have the flat to ourselves and I have a whole lazy Sunday to try and conquer my fear of all things PC related. So to ease my way into it I thought I might start by posting some of my favourite pictures.

"The Sleeper" is of my other half. He used to manage a restaurant and in the process tried to work himself to death. I have never met anyone who can sleep like the dead and look so utterly content doing it. Terrible quality, but it's the complete bliss of it that I love.

I can live without many things, but take away my books and I will be lost. This one was at a market in London, but I only just barely restrained myself from buying the lot.

The very sheepish sheep speaks for himself. If you had gangs in the sheep world he would definitely be the most fearless ringleader...

The shoes I just like. Full stop.

And the last two are my all time favourite models: my sister's adorable kids. I think they're going to start dreading my visits soon as I hardly kiss them before I pull out my camera to start hounding them day in and out, but with faces like that who can resist?

Hopefully I'll be able to do the daily thing, but unfortunately laziness is one of the qualities I have buffed and shined to perfection over the years, but there's no harm in trying!




5 comments:

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Hallo Bloukous and welcome to the world of blogging. I'm surprised that I am commenting on here before Karin does seeing that she is advertising your new blog in her's. Anyway, I'f linked your's to mine as well to see when you post, cause judging on your first set I am going to enjoy your blog.

Karin said...

Bloukous, I am so happy to see you here! Congratulations and well done on your first post. I can't wait for the next one!

that girl said...

welcome...great job on your first post. the photos are great.

david mcmahon said...

Thanks for the visit - and welcome to BlogLand.

That second photograph is wonderful.

Do keep in touch.

Miranda said...

hey, your first post and already 4 - no 5 - comments! Congrats, love it. And welcome!