Friday 29 August 2008

Photostory Friday: The Painter



The painter is a series I did last year when I shadowed some workers renovating a house. I actually meant to document my friend who was the plastered, but was so taken by this painter who was the loveliest chap. However he had a livid red birthmark on one half of his face which made him quite camera shy and I couldn't help but try and capture him the way I saw him without drawing attention to the one feature most people wont be able to see beyond.




PhotoStory Friday


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



10 comments:

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

I love the angle of #1, the comp of #2 and the matter of #3. You have a great eye!

Unknown said...

Oh wow, these are incredible!!
Love all 3 of them

Karin said...

I also love all three of them and for different reasons. I think #2 is my favourite though, because the glass in between the camera and the subject makes for an interesting dynamic. The series has a great feel to it.

Cecily R said...

These are wonderful. Both of you should be very proud of them.

Ann said...

#2 gets my vote, the unusual angle is just great, really fantastic.

tiarastantrums said...

lovely story!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Wonderful shots. I like how each is a little more reveling than the last as to who the painter is.

Chris said...

Sometimes you really can capture the essence of someone, without ever seeing their face. Nicely done.

Gina said...

Love these. My favorite is his arm holding the bucket. Great.

Susan said...

Wonderful photostory! How wonderful to document the wonder of him without drawing attention to his largest insecurity.