Sunday 31 August 2008

Sunday bloody Sunday

Ok, this is stressing me out now. This blog is MINE not so? Then why do I feel this mountain of pressure on me if I don't have another award winning (yes I have a slightly warped imagination) photo waiting in the wings to make it's grand entrance? So even though I technically had Thursday off being out and about and shirking me blogging duties I decided Sunday is just random day. Whatever happens, happens.

Today nothing of historical notability has occurred yet save me spending most of the morning in bed finishing my book and switching on the dishwasher (wanted more coffee but aoh (adorable other half for those of you not familiar with the lingo) pointed out the rather distressing fact that we are fresh out of clean coffee cups). I suspect part of the book finishing marathon was a weak attempt on my behalf to avoid impending blogging duties. Was MUCH relieved as I had just about resigned myself to imprisonment under duvet all day when it dawned on me that I am, contrary to popular belief, the ruler of this here space.

So as ruler I declare today list day, but unlike other dull and overcomplicated kingdoms, in this here place lists are not to-dos, they are not-to-dos.

So here's my not-to-do list for today:
1) Don't do poxy tax return (whoever came up with that ludicrous idea anyway?)
2) Don't water plants as I'll forget again sooner or later so why postpone their impending death.
3) Don't attempt to restore order to war-ravaged flat as there's surely another war to be fought today, if not on the couch then most certainly in the kitchen where a soon-to-be-roasted chicken is awaiting its fate next to a bowl of suspicious looking red juice which was supposed to have been turned into jam many weeks ago (aoh's attempt at impersonating Nigella Lawson)
4) Don't start dreaded task of saving all photographs onto disc even though long suffering hard drive has been on life support for several months now.

It's amazing how cathartic that job was. I feel liberated. All I need to do now is convince aoh that drinking your first glass of wine at 11 in the morning is not a sure sign of alcoholism. Alas, just as I was feeling better about life in general the sun has decided to follow suit and also take the day off. This is particularly distressing as convincing oah to take a dip in the lake is about as easy as catching mosquitoes in the dead of the night (which I failed at miserably again last night and might explain the horn growing on my forehead), but as the sun was at it's best behavior this morning he agreed to a quick one late afternoon. Even more reason to indulge in pre-decent-hour-to-have-tipple glass of vino.

On that note do yourself a favor and invest in a copy of Elbow's CD: The Seldom Seen Kid. I was just as dubious as you undoubtedly are now, but it only took 2 songs to convert me. Sent a copy to my sister, but as she probably hasn't received it yet being subjected to the incredibly efficient system with is the South African Postal Service she cant back me up just yet so just take the plunge and thank me later.

Now the question is just do I feel like white or red???

3 comments:

Miranda said...

How about a rose? That's what I've just had! (The wine, that is not the flower...Sound pretty weird if you don't know what I'm talking about....) Its Sunday after all....

Ann said...

Enjoy your Sunday, I'd go for the red, 11am is a very reasonable hour to have a glass, after all "The sun is almost over the yard-arm"as they say (well I'm guessing it is, its so grey and depressing in the UK at moment I wouldn't know)

Karin said...

White for me please! You can't wait too long for the first drink on a Sunday, you'll run out of time for your afternoon nap!