Monday 1 September 2008

This is for the birds and I cant fly...



At my monthly photography club meeting last week we had a quick presentation on back lighting and I was so inspired I could hardly sleep. I had so many brilliant ideas churning away it was all I could do to stop myself from waking Nick and making him play midnight model.

Woke up less energetic next morning, but still packed camera full of ideas for post work playing as the day before the light in the station coming home was positively angelic. So there I was, ipod firmly plugged in to drown out anyone shouting at me trying my hand at backlighting. I must have walked at least 10km up and down those silly platforms and scared at least 9 weird tourists, but alas, failure.

This was the best of the lot which as you can see leaves a lot to be desired. A far cry from what I had in mind and almost went straight into the bin had I not been so sentimental about my seriously sad photographs.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I think they're brilliant! I love the way the light reflects on the platform. The B&W is my favourite, but I would clone out the heads.

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Well at least you tried. LOL. Just joking. They are very well done. I can't imagine what it was that you were looking for that would be better.

Karin said...

I think they're lovely - especially considering that its a new tecnique that you are trying out. I also tried my hand at something similar on Saturday, but none of them came out to my liking and they're not even close to yours! You should follow the link to Desi's Blog from mine and have a look at a brilliant backlit pic she posted yesterday.