Sunday 21 September 2008

Sunday blues, reds, yellows...





What do you do when it's Sunday, it's cold, you're bored and your other half prefers fly-tying to entertaining you? You drive him insane with your camera until he admits defeat!

Easier said than done as I had no idea fly-tying could be quite as engrossing a hobby. Something about small things and small minds? Anyway. After I had rearranged all his fly-tying tools the final straw proved to be when I was cheeky enough to jam my camera in front of his latest fly-in-the-making.

At least I got some attention, but this rude intrusion only reminded him that he was in desperate need of some nicotine (yes, the reformed smoker has relapsed rather spectacularly) and promptly ran off to find some solitude on the freezing balcony.

Never one to give up I followed him out to the balcony to his utter dismay. He for one will be very happy when Monday rolls around and I have to go back to work and get out of his hair.

3 comments:

Karin said...

Oooooh, STUNNING photos! I love the colours and the angles and everything in between! Nick will just have to be patient if this is what he inspires...

Unknown said...

Absolutely Love the colours!!

Ann said...

Yep, I know these Sundays well! dragged my man down to river in Cambridge, he reluctantly agreed, and as we sat on the river bank watching the world go by, out of nowhere a Swan flew at him soaking him with river water....it was Karma, grouchy behaviour results in swan attack..hahaha, love the thread pics and the look of concentration on the fly-tying shot....really lovely set, nice angles, and beautiful colours.