Tuesday 2 September 2008

MY HERO



This little chappy is my hero of the week. Being rather far from home I generally see my family only once a year which is especially hard with my sister's kids growing so fast. Every time I see them they seem to have double in size! This understandably gives rise to bouts of severe homesickness which gives me carte blanche to wallow in self pity and indulge in more than my allowed quota of wine. This funnily enough seems to coincide with the female hormonal cycle making me more susceptible than normal.

This happened to be one of those weeks and I was fretting away about the fact that my sisters kids wont even know their weird aunt the next time she shows up to harass them with her camera. So when I phoned her today to see whether she likes her copy of Elbow's "Seldom seen Kid" (yes, me shamelessly promoting again, but this band is simply too fabulous to remain obscure)and her son answered the phone I proceeded to drill him with hundreds of ridiculous questions without telling him who I was seeing as I firmly believed he would have no idea. GREAT was my pleasure when he asked me to hold on and hollered to his mom that her sister was on the phone.

The smile on my face stretched from cheek to cheek that this adorable creature knew who I was so today and for the rest of the week he is without a doubt my most delicious hero. I took this pic of him about 2 years ago, but it's one of my favorites as you can see the mischief dancing in his eyes with a smile that will melt anyones heart.

4 comments:

Karin said...

Ag sies man, jy gee my trane in my oe!! Joubert weet presies mooi wie jy is en kerm gereeld dat hy my jou wil gaan kuier sodat ons 'n sneeuman kan bou!

Unknown said...

He's gorgeous!!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

You seem to be one proud aunty.

Ann said...

beautiful, and yes, he looks full of mischief, I very much miss my eldest daughter who is now living in Arizona, its very hard, but thank God for skype and webcams.