Saturday 20 September 2008

Photohunt no 128: Road


The road to winter is paved with many a pumpkin here in Switzerland. I have never before been exposed to such an explosion of pumpkin colour and it almost makes me dread winter less.

But what is even more interesting is that they grow special little miniature pumpkins purely for decoration. Of course I couldn't resist even though they cost a small fortune and arrived home with a small arsenal of weirdly deformed baby pumpkins. Unfortunately I'm not sure I've convinced the resident chef yet that they are NOT ideal for pumpkin soup...

So I daresay this week might feature more than one pumpkin installment.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your interpretation of the theme!

Pretty Life Online said...

Perfect interpretation for todays theme... Happy weekend! Mine's up too hope you can drop by....

Karin said...

Nice take on the theme and I love the photo! I also think that pumpkins are great to photograph - you HAVE to post some more, I'd love to see them all!

Ann said...

Lovely Pumpkin, no dont cook it, they are little works of art, We have a Whopper growing in our back garden, so brace yourself for my pumpkin pics

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

Two pumpkin related comments.

1. Butternut soup. Mmmmmm...........

2. In just over a month's time its Halloween and although its not really practised here in SA, pumpkins are one of the things you associate halloween with.

tommie said...

Very cool shot! At the end of fall, you can stack 3 of the white ones and make a snowman.

THanks for visiting my hunt.