Saturday 27 September 2008

Photohunt no 129: View



This was taken in the South of France just outside of Monaco and is one of my most favourite views for many reasons.

We flew into Nice without much of a plan expect a rental car, several maps (Nick is an utter map addict) and six days to fill. It was epic. We ate, we drank, we slept in a "broom closet" (the room was described as such by the hotel staff as we went to St Tropez which was completely booked out everywhere, but as we both fell in love with the place we simply had to spend the night and this was the only hole that was left) and somewhere along the way to Paris we fell in love all over again.

I remember drinking whisky in the hotel bar till 4 in the morning, I remember eating a heap of muscles so large I could barely see over it, I remember trying to order McDonalds in French, but most of all I remember being the happiest I had been in many years.

Not like me to get sentimental, but every now and then you have to give thanks where it's due.

So I'd like to say: Nick, jy is my hart se punt. (Apologies, but too much gets lost in translation)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

so lovely and wish to visit France someday.

Ann said...

Gosh! that looks the place to be, what a view !!
Fantastique !!!

Emzkie said...

great view! mine is up also http://stevemzhemme.blogspot.com/2008/09/ph-view.html

Unknown said...

What a stunning view, and I love the story!

stan said...

that's one of those classic shot on the ledge overlooking a great view. nice one.

Karin said...

Aah, nou gee jy my trane in my oe!