Thursday 25 September 2008

Pumpkin Patch






So against all the odds my mini pumpkins have survived the week without being turned into soup. Decided that even though they look adorable they are much harder to capture on camera. So after wrestling with the orange brigade for the better part of an afternoon this is the best I could come up with.

And then we had monthly camera club meeting on Tuesday and one of my pictures in the "open category" won (bearing in mind that there were only 6 entries it's not the world's biggest achievement especially as there was a stunner entered which most def should have won by a mile). Where was I....oh ja, then I get home and share the surprising news with the other half. His response?

"You won with THAT picture?" (horrified expression on face)

Had I not shared his sentiments I would have been able to post some pics of two black eyes tomorrow and the most certainly would not have been mine...

3 comments:

Karin said...

Jou other half se moer. Please show us the picture that won!
Love the pumpkins though, especially the pattern in the second shot.

Ann said...

Number one is fab, really nice lighting, an almost fine art feel to this shot I like it alot, was it the one you entered into your competition.

Unknown said...

Love the pumpkins, but as Karin says, where's the winning shot? LOL!