Monday 25 August 2008

Lazy Sunday Hangover Monday






I've done it again - succumbed to a marathon Sunday afternoon snooze session. The result? A very sleepless Sunday night and a VERY tired Monday. So having barely dragged myself through the day the mere idea of picking up a camera was enough to make me pour myself another whiskey. So hiding behind the excuse that I'm still technically "warming up" I thought I'd post some more oldies although, seeing as they're only 2 weeks old, they qualify as "almost matured".

Once a year in Zurich they have a street parade which is part an attempt to increase the deaf in town and part an opportunity for the weird and wonderful to creep out from under their various rocks. Having armed myself with an ample supply of ear-plugs to combat the awe-inspiring rave/techno/house music being blasted from every direction I went forth and tried to keep my jaw from dragging on the pavement with amazement. So this is my 6 favourites in no particular order although I do love the one of the scantily clad lady with about every man in the frame looking at her lovely.....boots?

Right, now I'm off to the couch for some much needed potatoing.

5 comments:

Karin said...

Haha, boots, that's very funny! They must have been very awesome boots indeed! I think the second one is my favourite, although its very hard to choose. I also love the first one, I'm a sucker for anything water related and that one is really well done!

Unknown said...

wow, what amazing photos!!
Like Karin, I love the first one!

Firefly the Travel Guy said...

I like the second one as well. I also like the band aid on the little girl's forehead.

Ann said...

Love lady in the boots, Haha, really nice work.

Miranda said...

Great pics. What a cool street parade! I LOVE the third one down with the guys looking at the woman's....er...yes, boots. Very funny!